Danos’ eight-week summer internship program kicked off in early June with a day-long orientation at the company’s headquarters in Gray, La. Each of the eight members of the intern cohort worked with a designated mentor on a project assigned by their department manager. The program concludes at the end of July with individual presentations to the Danos executive team on their experience and project results.
“I’m very excited to see how our interns and mentors learn and grow from this program,” said program executive sponsor and Vice President of Human Resources Stacey Gisclair. “The program really adds value to our organization, and we hope our interns find their experience beneficial as well.”
In addition to immersion into their chosen departments and important hands-on experience, the cohort met weekly with program sponsors Brittany St. Pierre and Kayla Ledet where they learned about Danos’ values and high-performance culture traits, visited worksites and participated in group activities.
To be eligible for the annual summer program, students must currently be enrolled at a university, have a 3.0 GPA or higher, be majoring in either a related field or the specific field outlined in the job description and be able to work at the Gray office location. This year’s interns represent Nicholls State University (NSU) and Louisiana State University (LSU) and include:
• Esosa Agbongiator, project management intern, LSU
• Stephen Donovan, marketing intern, NSU
• Chris Duet, purchasing intern, NSU
• Devin Duplantis, information technology intern, NSU
• Kyle Eleser, information technology intern, LSU
• Drew Knight, project management intern, LSU
• Quynhlynnette Nguyen, human resources intern, NSU
• Xavier Washington, safety intern, NSU