With the market requesting more all-inclusive, multi-craft crews utilizing fewer members, we have challenged our personnel to take on more responsibility to achieve this goal. In doing so, our rope access service line has incorporated basic non-destructive testing (NDT) into its divisional arsenal which allows for a broader range of craft experience available to our clients. NDT is a broad, interdisciplinary field that plays a critical role in assuring that structural components and systems perform their function in a reliable and cost-effective fashion.
This combination allows for the inspection procedures required by our clients without the increased costs for scaffolding or other means of access. Our NDT provides the following:
- Magnetic Particle Inspection –Is a process for detecting surface and shallow subsurface discontinuities in ferromagnetic materials such as iron, nickel, cobalt, and some of their alloys. The process puts a magnetic field into the part and utilizes wet or dry magnetic particles added to the surface to detect flaws.
- Visual Inspection is the inspection of equipment and structures using either or all of raw human senses such as vision, hearing, touch and smell and/or any non-specialized inspection equipment
- Ultrasonic Testing is a process of transmitting very short ultrasonic pulse-waves into materials to detect internal flaws or to characterize materials
- Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement determines the local thickness of a solid element by transmitting short ultrasonic pulse-waves into an item and measuring the time taken for the wave to return to the surface.
- Liquid Penetrant Testing is used to check for deficiencies such as cracks by spreading a thin liquid dye onto the material's surface, followed by the application of a developer.
Contact us for more information.